With technological advancement, the demand for digital marketing is also soaring high. Video content marketing is considered one of the best tools in marketing by many marketers. This brings us to video editing, a crucial part of video content marketing.
You don’t need to have expert-level skills for editing videos. Online video editors have made the job reasonably easy for everyone.
Online video editors have a range of advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- They are economical and user-friendly.
- There is no need for special equipment for editing videos with the help of online video editors.
- They facilitate a remote working environment for a project.
- They are much more convenient when it comes to video sharing.
The following blog constitutes a comprehensive list of the top 5 beginner-friendly online video editors that will help you edit videos like a professional videographer.
Here is the list of the top 5 online video editors that will make you fall in love with editing videos:
Animoto is a cloud-based video editing website that was founded in September 2006. It is a quick tool for creating and editing a wide range of marketing videos for social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, etc.
Animoto is perfect for making product videos, consumer testimonials, event announcements, company backstories, event recaps, company videos, etc. It has a user-friendly interface that heightens the user’s experience in editing videos.
Advantages of using Animoto:
- Beginner-friendly interface.
- Wide range of presentation tools.
- Ample stock of photos, videos, and soundtracks.
- Supports high-quality video export.
- Easy sharing options and unlimited downloads, irrespective of the plan that you choose.
Disadvantages of Animoto:
- Limited workspace with ready-made templates.
- Limited access to fonts, stock photos, soundtracks, etc., in the free plan.
- Inadequate options for customisations.
Animoto is mainly used by: Small-Medium size business owners, Entrepreneurs, and Marketers.
Monthly Charges: 15 USD per month with annual billing.
InVideo is an excellent platform that will help you make videos ranging from your YouTube channel or your business presentation. InVideo has over 5000+ ready-made templates which streamline your editing process.
It has a handy interface that is beginner-friendly and does not need any prerequisite video editing skills. The most amazing part that makes InVideo stand out from the other editors is free sign up and the ability to create illustrious videos as per your requirement.
Advantages of InVideo:
- 5000+ video templates are available at your disposal in InVideo.
- You can create multilingual video content with the help of InVideo.
- It is a flexible and spontaneous video editor.
- Over 12 million royalty-free photos and videos.
- Unlimited team sharing options even for free users.
- Direct voice over recording.
- A wide range of colour palettes, fonts, soundtracks, etc. are available for free users as well.
- Thorough customer support for new users.
- Huge cloud space of up to 100 GB.
Disadvantages of InVideo:
The only disadvantage of InVideo is that its video capping time is of 15 minutes.
InVideo is mainly used by: Digital Marketers, Social Media Marketers, Agencies, YouTube Creators, Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, etc.
Monthly Charges: 30 USD per month with annual billing for unlimited package.
Clipchamp is one of the most beginner-friendly online video editors that caters to your video editing needs quite simply. On Clipchamp you can record your screen, and also use your footage in case you don’t like the existing templates they have.
There is also an interesting picture-in-picture feature that is very useful for people who want to record gameplay or online classes.
Advantages of Clipchamp:
- Great UX design of the interface for heightened user experience.
- Access to customisation.
- Compatible with mobile phones, i.e., you can upload your footage from the phone.
- Suitable for creating videos for social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Direct YouTube sharing facilities.
- Linked with Google Drive, One Drive, and Dropbox to make the sharing process feel seamless.
Disadvantages of Clipchamp:
- The free plan has limited access to video qualities.
- Inadequate fonts, images, and soundtracks.
- Custom branding is only available for paid users.
- There is no option to compress the video for free users.
Clipchamp is mainly used by: Teachers and Educators, Vloggers, Gamers
Monthly charges: 27 USD per month with annual billing.
FlexClip is mainly used for short video editing like a small video slideshow, a mini vlog, or a small video advertisement. You will be bombarded with a range of in-built templates, photos, audio, stock footage, etc. which will make your editing journey smooth and hassle-free.
Advantages of FlexClip:
- Several customisable templates at your disposal.
- Available options for animated texts. Stickers, etc.
- Direct voice over recording option available in the video editor itself.
Disadvantages of Flexclip:
- Limited accessibility to video length, i.e., without the paid subscription, you can have a video of only 1 minute.
- Short cloud storage, i.e., a capacity of only 1000 videos.
- Unpaid users can export videos of low resolution, i.e., 480p.
FlexClip is mainly used by: Business owners, Social Media creators, influences, YouTubers, and Entrepreneurs.
Monthly Charges: 19.99 USD per month with annual billing.
Vimeo, one of the largest video streaming sites, has developed its video editing software called Magisto. It is rapidly winning the users’ hearts because of its easy interface and cost-effective pricing.
Advantages of Magisto:
- Magisto is AI-driven which makes editing videos easier for the users.
- Trendy transitions, fonts, and ready-made templates are available.
- Easy customisation as per brand logo, colour, font, etc.
- The paid subscription includes a free Vimeo Pro plan.
Disadvantages of Magisto:
- No free version is available.
- A very limited number of readymade templates as compared to other online video editors.
- The maximum video duration is 10 minutes.
Magisto is mainly used by: Marketers for creating marketing and brand videos.
Monthly Charge: 9.99 USD per month with annual billing.
With proper use of these video editors, you will be able to make attractive videos in no time. However, make sure that you don’t make the video too long or short. Additionally, ensure a perfect balance between the photos, videos, and soundtracks. To improve engagement in your video, add a strong CTA at the end and perform thorough keyword research for the caption and video description. All you need to do is trust your creative instinct and go with the flow.